Apply for Residency
We are accepting applications for Q1 2023–deadline is May 15, 2022.
Women in the arts, academe, and entrepreneurship may apply for a residency of from one to three weeks.
Please note the following quarterly application deadlines–applications to be received by these dates:
August 15, 2022 for residencies in April, May and June, 2023
November 1, 2022 for residencies in July, August, and September, 2023 and
February 15, 2023 for residencies in October, November, and December 2023
Before you apply, we recommend you check availability using the calendar below. Look for dates in green. Dates in red or yellow are not available. The calendar provides a general idea of availability. Please send an email to email@example.com to double-check the specific dates you have in mind.
In order to be considered, you will need to
- download and complete the Application For Residency,
- including a brief description of what you hope to accomplish or the project you will work on while at Hypatia-in-the-Woods;
- pay a $20 non-refundable processing fee; and
- for artists – provide samples of your work: three pages of poetry, ten pages of prose (12-point font minimum), photographs, photographs of works of art, or some other example of your art form via jpg/pdf/digital audio files OR links to internet with samples of your work (no CDs or DVDs, please);
- for academics and entrepreneurs – provide a current resume.
- Mail your application and fee to us, or email the completed application as a PDF: application fees may be paid via PayPal.
Once received, the review of your application takes approximately three to five weeks. Our director will be in touch with you after your application is considered.
While in residence at Hypatia-in-the-Woods, we offer residents the opportunity to give a public reading, a book signing, showing of works, or appropriate venue for a performance. Residents are responsible for the cost of transport to Holly House, food, and other expenses of the trip.
In case you missed the link above, here is the Application for Residency. Print, fill out, and return with the other required information and processing fee to Hypatia-in-the-Woods.
For details and photos of the Holly House just follow this link.
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you are chosen for a residency, you are responsible for your own transportation.