- Hypatia-in-the-Woods is a 501(c)(3) organization. We are a self-sustaining organization supported by your donations, donations that provide scholarships for residents who are unable to pay the modest fees. Our operating costs for Holly House are approximately $35 per day, but we do not exclude any applicant on the basis of ability to pay; we count on your generous contributions to make this possible.
- You can donate money to Hypatia-in-the-Woods through PayPal Giving Fund. This method incurs no fees and provides you with a tax receipt. You do not need a PayPal account to donate.
- Remember Hypatia-in-the-Woods in your will. A bequest will ensure that you leave a lasting legacy of support for women in the arts, business, or academia, and will help us further our mission of support through residencies, while enriching our local community.
- We welcome donated materials, such as toilet paper, paper towels, hand dish washing soap, that keep Holly House stocked for residencies.
- Contact us about specific projects, such as our summer maintenance weeks. We may be in need of lumber or tools for repairs.
- Also, contact us if you have a specific item you wish to donate.
Volunteer time and expertise
- Do you enjoy publicity? We are looking for someone to manage events, such as readings, book signings, and workshops.
- Would you like to offer a workshop in some area or writing and the arts to benefit Hypatia and our local community? We welcome collaborations.
- Do you like web design and upkeep? We are looking for someone to help us keep our website up-to-date.
- Are you a people person? We are looking for help with coordinating and managing events. Volunteers also help transport residents to and from Holly House, as well as local trips for groceries and etc., once they arrive in the area.
- Your membership lets us know you support the work we do, it provides support for our residents, and we send you information about upcoming events and news of Hypatia and our residents. Memberships are available at several levels, each with wonderful member gifts.
- Interested in serving on our board of directors? One of our current board members will be happy to talk with you about next steps.
- Events, news, opportunities, … more!
We look forward to hearing from you!